I'll eventually post more pictures, but we still have another big task ahead for this week. And it looks like there will be more ahead to not let us rest. Too wicked, I guess ;)!!!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Our Trek Family
One of the reasons for our lengthy absence was our Trek Youth Conference. We have been Ma & Pa for four days to this fabulous group of youth. Here we are on Day 1:
Mason, Koa, Jonathan, JD, Thomas, Janisa, Pa, Ma, Lauren, and Ari.
On Friday we picked up another son, our former Home Teacher, Scott, who had come to help recruit the Mormon Battalion. Since his parents were out of town, we invited him to join us. He's a couple of months away from his mission, so he added a strong testimony to our family.
And on Day Four, just before we walked the last mile back to base camp. None of us wanted to leave. After being so anxious for our kids at home before we left, I hardly thought of them while we were gone. I don't think we had a pioneer experience so much as we had a family experience. We miss our Trek kids! I'm glad Shan's calling gets him traveling around the stake, so we can join him and see our kids that don't live with us!
I'll eventually post more pictures, but we still have another big task ahead for this week. And it looks like there will be more ahead to not let us rest. Too wicked, I guess ;)!!!
I'll eventually post more pictures, but we still have another big task ahead for this week. And it looks like there will be more ahead to not let us rest. Too wicked, I guess ;)!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, such fun. Did you create the family banner? You, as in you, Traci? Or did the family make it somehow? Looks like a great new family. Did you have any injuries along the way? As in, I recall a much-beloved Joanne spraining her ankle in my trek experience as a Ma. She ended up riding on top of the handcart part of the way.
This was so wonderful to read! What a great experience that you'll carry with you the rest of your life.
Ma - yes, the handcart ran over my foot. I remember it well. But what I remember most well, was that I was the luckest "pioneer" to have you as my 'ma.'
Post a Comment