Okay. We have been waiting all summer for this! Last night, High School Musical 2 finally premiered and we had the 8 of us and two friends over to watch. Even Shan made sure he was in to watch (and at 2pm our time!). We wanted to know more about the lives of Troy and Gabriella!Each of us seemed to have different favorite songs -- the boys love "Bet On It" while I really liked "I Don't Dance" and "You Are the Music in Me." Shan was certain earlier this summer that he wouldn't like it, just based on the video he had seen about "What Time Is It" -- 'a whole song about summer vacation?!?!?! Yuck!' -- was the gist of his thoughts. But he liked it too. We'll be watching it on our DVR for a while. I liked it that Ryan was made to be the hero, in a sense, along with Kelsi. He is a really likable guy by the end. Poor thing, to be a twin to Sharpay! Taggart and I have had a philosophical discussion about indulgence and how important it is to be told "no" sometimes. He was really cute about it.
So, was it as good as the first? I'll have to watch it a few more times to say for sure, but I do like it. Should there be another sequel? Yes! They DO have one more year of high school, after all! What did you like best? I liked watching my girls sing and dance along!
My only complaint is that the costumes this time were a bit more revealing for the girls, but it is summer in New Mexico after all! I had really appreciated the modesty of the first movie.
Hooray for another fun Disney show!
4 comments:
Okay. I was going to watch High School Musical 2, but obviously we were out of our house at that point (not that we had the channel anyway). That meant I was stuck on the couch at someone elses house, where someone elses dad had the remote to the tv. I missed HSM 2 and now I don't know what to do. It's driving me nuts. I want to see it and find out what happens. I've heard mixed reviews but I still want to see it SOOOO bad!
Well...we were disappointed. We had a family viewing that night and were SO looking forward to watching it. After seeing it...it seemed like so many of the characters had "plasticed out". Is that a term? The girls looked more fake (even Gabriella with her bluish hair...SAD!). There was just a different feel to the movie.
Having said that, I did like how Gabriella didn't get all catty with Troy when she could've, and I Sharpay. Maybe I'll like it when I see it some more?
Val
i Love this film i think that this film really digs it i cant wait untill no3
Post a Comment