Saturday, January 20, 2007

Christmas Morning Remembered in January

What happens when six kids are all home together for three and a half weeks of Christmas break? Their mommy doesn't get to use the computer at all (okay, necessity only and only if I beg!) So after this LONG absence, we thought we'd share with you our Christmas morning! Christmas morning for us started slow and late. Teag, Talm, and Tag waited until 7:45 to think about coming upstairs. Then we all waited while Sydni and Staci drank their cups of milk (the one I daily require of them first thing in the morning). So we had lots of snuggles and giggles to start off the day.

Finally it is time to come down the stairs to check out Santa's gifts. Sydni takes the lead, but neither her nor Staci really like this today.
Staci enjoys the Dora tent, doll and tea set from Santa!
Sydni joins the present opening for a Backyardigans CD!! Syd was really overwhelmed by the excitement in the air and spent the Santa time playing with her old fridge magnets spelling things or sitting in her favorite chair drinking her apple juice! We were glad any time she would join the crowd!
Taggart opens his gift from his brothers: a Nerf Gun! When the chance came to shop for the siblings, the boys made a pact to all buy each other Nerf Guns and glow-in-the-dark "bullets" so that they could have fun outside together. As they wrapped the presents, they wrote on them things like "This is NOT a Nerf Gun!" Then they also wrote things like that on presents for cousins who weren't in on the joke. We spent time that day explaining to several of the extended family!
Tanner moves into his Spiderman tent! He sat there and enjoyed the Christmas candy!
Teagan, Talmage and Tanner check out what Santa brought. Teag and Talm thought the day was great!

Okay, we will try to keep this up better, but I won't make promises! Mele Kalikimaka!

1 comment:

marci said...

okay... so your kids are ADORABLE! It's crazy what more than a year can do! Tanner is HUGE, and the girls, oh my goodness! I know the beach pictures were another post, but I only want to comment once, then I'm back to studying. Tanner and his snorkel gear, and then with the boogie board, can you say ADORABLE? And of course Talm was going to win the Spelling Bee! From the sounds of it, Syd will win as well... running away on Christmas to make words on the fridge. And did I mention that I LOVE those tents? Again... Mom, if you're reading this, I LOVE those tents ;) Easter, Graduation, Leaving for BYU, my birthday AND Christmas are all coming up :D haha, I love it! Super cute kids Traci