We are having a Monday. That word should describe it fairly well.
At 5:30 this morning, the alarm went off. As I got up to deal with it, I could see lights and hear that Teagan was up and getting ready for seminary. Good. I listened to him drive away.
At 5:40, Teagan was back. On his way down the farm's hill, he hit a pile of aluminum roofing that was stacked on the side of the drive. He was distracted at the time, it was dark, and he was going too quickly on the turn. The van, Umi, now has gashes sliced into the passenger front side. The bumper scraped and the under-bumper-guard is dragging. The windshield is gouged and has left glass dust on the dashboard. The passenger-side mirror is on the stool in my kitchen, as are two pieces that came off the bumper. Also in my kitchen is the antenna. By 6:00am I was on the phone with the insurance company working up the claim. Teagan and Shan were down making sure that nothing was poking out from the pile to damage some other unsuspecting farm-dweller.
Shan took the boys to school early and headed down to work to do the usual Monday things. Once the necessities were done, he was on his way back to get me so that we can pick up the rental car (which I'm certain will NOT replace an 8 passenger van!), when the middle school called to let us know that Talmage is sick -- cold, pale, with a little bit of a stomach ache. They are on their way home now.
On the bright side: Teagan is okay. Nobody else was in the van at the time. Somehow the passenger front tire didn't get damaged.
On the NOT bright side: it's only 9:50 am on a MONDAY!
More info later. . .and maybe a picture or two. If Monday can stop being so Monday-ish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH good luck. I hope it gets better from here on out.
Oh, what a PIT this sounds like. I am so sorry and hope that your day did not compound again and again with bad news. OUR Monday was rather eventful as well. I went with Dad to get the results of his Sleep Study and SURPRISE!! He has full-blown apnea. He also had an EKG at the doctor's office which showed some arrhythmia. We next dropped by the hospital in Quincy to have Jeff fitted witha 24-hour heart monitor. He is now going outside to chip ice from the driveway, trying to get his heart to do some of the strange things it has done in the past--so that those show up on the monitor's readout. Fun, HUH?
I'm still waiting to see a photo of poor Umi! I even checked out Teag's facebook, but if it's there, I missed it! GPG
Oh no! It seems like just about all my blogger friends have some "Manic Monday" post for this week. There must be cosmic forces at work here. :)
In all seriousness though, what a nightmare. I'm so glad nobody was hurt - that's the most important thing. I hope your day only got BETTER from there.
Post a Comment