
So this is the pile of old roofing that Teagan put Umi into early Monday morning. And here is Umi going away on Tuesday morning to have a long visit with the auto body shop.

Here's what roofing does to a windshield - note the little pieces of glass on the dashboard.

And damage to the bumper -- I still can't figure out what did this (the dent). In the picture of the stack, the white thingy in the pile is an old feed sack, so that didn't do it. And the 4x4 pieces of wood are really too low to the ground, I think. You can't see the white scrapes on the headlight, but they are there.

Lots of white streaks on the side and note the missing antenna and side mirror. Oooh, the fun.

So looking at the estimate, here's what Umi gets to have all new: windshield, bumper, headlamp, fender with antenna, mirror, and various pieces of molding and trim. Hopefully they can buff out the scratches to the windows on the sliding door and passenger door.
Moral of the story? Don't underestimate the damage aluminum can do. (Shan will have other lessons he thinks we learn from all this. They may follow!)
3 comments:
oh... your poor van!!
So Sad. How are you coping without your van? We had a wonderful day at the Temple. But I came home and my printer was on the fritz. It had been working just fine as we printed the schedule last night. Seems Brad has learned my password. Not only had he spent the day looking for and printins photos of High School Musical 3 and other beautiful women, )about 1/2 inch high!) he had taken it upon himself to CHANGE MY PRINT CARTRIDGE--not just once. He had broken a couple of cartridges, there were 3 in the trash in my office, and ONE OUT IN THE GARBAGE CAN in the garage. Price of all these cartridges: Way over $50. Black, red, blue, another blue, and a broken black (he twisted the clip off that makes it snap into place.) As you might imagine, I was LIVID! He will pay to replace the cartridges, and as you might guess, the passwords for my computer have all been changed. I can be taught. Today I learned to fill the paper towel holder in the rest room, and now I know what a sneak this young man is. Boy, is he in deep Doo Doo!
I think we need an update.
Post a Comment