
One problem I haven't solved yet in Blogger is when I remember where more pictures are after I have already done most of the post! Guess where these semi-happy little girls are?

We sent Teagan to see what he could see of the famous pandas, and this was all he could see, after fighting his way through a thick holiday crowd.

Brad enjoys the mist - AHHHHHHHHH! Now the beginning of the original post!

In order to get to the National Zoo, we got to ride the subway -- quite the feat for a family of 8, but we were able to do that a couple of times.

At the zoo, we met up with Val and James and kids and Dad and Brad! It was so bright and sunny that we took as many chances in the shade as we could.

No surprise -- Brad quickly renewed his special ways with Sydni and Staci. Here they are tickling him -- I think he was a bit tired of it by the end of the day.

Brad points out the hippos to Syd & Stace.

Rachel helps Grandpa figure out where to go next with Eliza while Seth wishes his Dad would cast a bigger shadow - the bottle of water wasn't enough.

Teagan works his magic on girls of all ages -- I don't think Carrie appreciated his charm enough.

Eliza, Seth, Tanner and Taggart loved watching the birds -- trust me, they LOVED it, even if they don't LOOK like it!

OOOooooohhh! Flamingoes! I've excluded other pictures of the animals, but this one introduces the next pic:

Seeing flamingoes meant Val and I had to sing "Mister Stand on One Leg." Got a couple of funny looks (not all from our kids, too), but sometimes you've just gotta sing! I think Val's kids thought I was the weirdest aunty they have -- always singing goofy songs and trying to make them laugh--especially Seth, since he wasn't feeling his best that day.
We didn't last the longest, and didn't see the pandas (too long of a line to get there and apparently not easily seen that day -- they were taking the Memorial Day off too!), but we had fun being together!
4 comments:
Caroline must have been in one hum-dinger of a mood not to respond to the teasings of Teagan! And I must admit, it has been decades since I even thought of Mr Stand on One Leg! Could you recall all the words? Talk about bringing something from the dark recesses of my mind! Fun day, it looks like. Wish I had been with you.
Mom, of COURSE we knew all the words! I have sung that one since Teag was little, every time a child reaches the stage where they stand on one leg. Shall I sing for you? Maybe next time on the phone -- skip Christmas caroling, go for the animal songs!
I would like to be blessed with a phone call from someone singing this song. I have no clue what the song is. :)
Great memories! That day was HOT...we were all melting.
(I do hope to see my picture on your next blog. Let's go for 3 in a row here. I'm oh so photogenic. :P
Post a Comment