These were the highlights of our wandering tour after the first day of official Bee activities. More of all that soon!
Monday, December 01, 2008
S&T 2008 Historical Part 1
Way back in May, we took this trip to Washington DC. I have hesitated putting too much detail about the trip and why we went because we were blog-stalked early last year and I haven't really wanted to put the full security on here. So we'll stay a little vague, but still give you a glimpse at the once-in-a-lifetime family trip!
Just the boys on the steps of the Supreme Court. Certainly one of them will return someday to argue a case before them or to serve on the Court. Given the picture of Tanner, I pity anyone going up against him!
While we were at Val's for a couple of days, we finally got to watch the second National Treasure movie (thanks, Netflix!). Thus, we had to have a picture of the Library of Congress building! I think even Talmage could find enough reading material there without having to re-read books!
From the steps of the Capitol, we could look down the Mall and get this pic of the Washington Monument! We were grateful for our fellow tourists who were very patient with our clan and worked hard to get everyone looking roughly the same place at the same time!
This is the back side of the Capitol -- before we got around to the front.
Yep, they are saluting the sun! You'd think we didn't ever see it where we live! Lots of coaxing to keep the girls looking the right place and the boys with their hands down! We also had LOTS of comments about our matching apparel. At least it was easy to know who was with us!
But we did kind of get one eventually! This picture was featured in the paper during the Fourth of July weekend in their travel section. Since the paper was one of our sponsors for this trip, we were happy to allow them to use it. Lucky we live Hawaii!
These were the highlights of our wandering tour after the first day of official Bee activities. More of all that soon!
These were the highlights of our wandering tour after the first day of official Bee activities. More of all that soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE the picture of the boys, especially Tanner's face. I was in the library when I read this post and I erupted in laughter. Luckily I was in a study room with some friends. We all agreed, Tanner stole the show in that pic!
What fun. I am SOOOOO sorry that I missed this trip. Priorities are difficult sometimes. Thanks for showing me what I wasn't there to observe in the first place.
Post a Comment