Monday, February 04, 2008

Little League Opening Day

And the ball season has begun! Saturday was opening day, with all the festivities and the parade of players. Tag and Tan each had a game, too. Also, on Thursday, Tanner's coach asked if Shan would be an assistant coach, since he knew he could count on him to be there. So Saturday we added three new uniforms to the laundry and a long list of games to work our regular schedule around!


The field was a rainbow of colors after the opening parade!
Taggart is so serious in his first at-bat!
He played first base for a little while. He also saw time at shortstop and 3rd base.
Tanner and his friend, Drew. They get to be teammates this year, after being little brothers to teammates last year. I think they like playing the game better than watching the brothers play! We were glad they could play together this year, since Tag and Jake are on different teams this year!
Tanner's first at-bat with a big cheesy grin. He had a fever of 102 for the game and a nasty cough. But I had a really hard time keeping him home when he had woken at 4:30 and again for keeps at 6:30, asking "Is it time yet?" He also said several times, "Mom, can you just believe it that I get my uniform today?!" He was SO excited! Plus, he now gets to call his Daddy "Coach Shan" (insert impish grin!!!)

It was a long 9 hour day and I was grateful that Teag and Talm kept Syd and Stace at home. Shan and Tan are a bit darker and I have rosy cheeks! Not a "soccer mom," just the baseball equivalent!

2 comments:

grandkrumps said...

Congratulations on your athletic accomplishments--and I mean Taggart, Tanner, Shan and Traci! I wish we had been able to watch you in action.

Anonymous said...

Well you know we love baseball!

Wish we could have been there for the opening ceremonies. Poor Traci, I don't envy the many hours of mother moments you will endure over the next several years...theres bleacher bottom and "what do you mean you can't find your cleats?" then theres "oh by the way mom, it's my day for treats..." and what about paying $3.00 for a hot dog and coke that only makes it two yards away from the concession stand, of course the time you will sit through an entire game only to miss the one moment your son makes the play of the day because your toddler gets her hand caught in the chain link fence...
good luck
miss you soooo much!!!