Mom did great, but I was most impressed with Teagan's talk, relating the Spirit to the sword of truth from the armor of God. He used the Samurai Code as well, finding great parallels between it and gospel truths. He talked about how when a Samurai baby boy is born, a sword is brought into the delivery room and presented to the child. We receive our sword of the Spirit when we are reborn through baptism. Teagan also talked in church this past Sunday and built upon his baptism talk. In it, he quipped that the sword at birth is pretty cool, especially since he wasn't allowed to even have a pocket knife until he was a Cub Scout! Teagan ended his talk for Taggart by saying, "And now, Taggart, today you get your sword."
Now to me, the cool thing in all of this was that I had NOTHING to do with it. Teagan came up with it all on his own! Awesome!
2 comments:
YAY! I am sooo happy for Taggart! Aunty Traci please tell Taggart we're sorry we missed his special day but we are very proud of him! Congradulations!!! Please also tell Teagan I feel extremely honored to have such a smart cousin like him haha I need to catch up!
Teagan, what a great comparison! Traci, what great boys! Taggart, congratulations!
Post a Comment