Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's Time for Bowling!

This is the little BYU fairy! This is on the day of the TCU game, and Staci is in the spirit!


Okay, so the Cougars have their bowl game this Saturday. Since we love our Cougs, we have a game day tradition. When the kids wake up, I remind them that it's game day and to put on their BYU shirts. This year, the older kids were also expected to comply with Bronco's request that we "Wear Blue to the Game." We may be 3000 miles from Lavell Edwards Stadium (or any opponent, for that matter, but we Wear Blue! I was especially impressed this season that Teagan never had to be reminded (apparently I have a child who can read the things on the fridge, like the Season Football Schedule!) -- even on the Thursday game, Teag had his "Fully Invested" shirt on for seminary and the school day. I am proud to be raising more Cougar faithful of the future!

So Saturday, at 3:00 our time, 5:00 Mountain, on ESPN, it's the Cougars and UCLA Bruins (for the second time this season - we played them in Sept -- oh, and we get to play them again next Sept!). BYU plays against Ben Olson, current QB for the Bruins, a guy that transferred there from BYU as the Crowton era ended. Should be fun to watch -- you know what we'll be doing.

GO COUGARS!! Beat UCLA!!

5 comments:

marci said...

I too am glad to know you are raising little cougars. I'm proud that Teag wears his Fully Invested shirt to school, my Fully Invested shirt is a very important part of my wardrobe. I like to wear it as I travel... don't really know why.

grandkrumps said...

Go BLUE!!! We love our COUGARS!!!
Keep up the spirit, Kona Nakamoto kids! See you in a few weeks! Grandma PenGwen

Valerie said...

I love it! You know we'll be watching it too on Saturday!

Joe and Joanne said...

Traci - Thank you for the Christmas Card! I saw it in the mail yesterday when I got home from work and it was such a joy to sit down and read! I love the picture you chose from the bunch. Your kids are so adorable - I look at your blog often to see all the updates. It was good to hear from you. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
And - I love the picture on this post. She's so cute!
Go Cougars!

Traci said...

Joanne, my pleasure -- I should have been sending things all along - since in Hawaii you would be considered Mom and Dad's "hanai" daughter. It will be fun to really meet you sometime (I know I've probably met you before, but much of the past 10 years, and especially the past four, are really foggy!).

Aloha!