Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Teagan Plays With Fire

New Year's Eve means fireworks and staying up really late. Teagan watched some fire dancers in early December and was so inspired by them that he had to try doing some of their routine. Last year, he did this some, but this year, he brought it all to a whole new level. He wished for some kevlar and white gas, but Mom just can't seem to find any (wink wink --how hard would YOU try to find those for a 16 year old?

He really does love to practice with his staff and is gaining some skills. Here's a glimpse of his talent:



I didn't want to post the one where the fireworks strapped to one end goes flying off and burns quietly on the grass for a full minute - I guess I'm losing my sense of fun! Teagan always seems to have a few friends (aged 16 to 40ish) willing to help him prepare. One way to never quite grow up: playing with fire!

3 comments:

grandkrumps said...

Oh, yes, Teagan "has skills." I will have to tell the cute girls who come to participate in the Nauvoo Pageant this summer about Teag's most recently exhibited skills (that and that he has passed his driving test and is a full-fledged 16-year-old with the bit Dating & Driving abilities wide open now). Congrats to you all.

marci said...

Wow, I am so glad that the dude in the background quoted Napoleon Dynamite. Before he started with the "girls only want boyfriends who have skills" my thought had been "dang, he's got skills" and then I started quoting the rest, only to have that guy finish it. Teag... you've got skills.

Kelli said...

We missed you guys this new years. We loved new years at our house. We're very low key here. When the clock struck 12 we were both in bed. Lame.