Tuesday, Shan called me from work and asked me to call his cell phone to see if I could help him to locate it. It was missing from the rock wall he had set it upon while working on the pool (he learned to not drop it in the pool last June!).
So I called his phone and it was like a toddler had it -- it was answered and I could hear kids talking and then after 30 seconds, it was hung up. I called again. Same thing.
Then I called a 3rd time and the phone was immediately hung up. Over the next 10 minutes (while I drove to Shan's work) I called 4 more times and had the phone immediately hung up each time. Finally, after about 8-9 calls, someone turned the phone off.
So, assuming that whoever had the phone was NOT going to do the right thing, we went to Verizon to stop his phone and find out how to file an insurance claim for it. Then we went home and found an old phone to activate for Shan because he HAS to have a phone for work. We quickly charged it a little and went back to Verizon. Just as they were activating the old phone, I got a call from "Shan" -- a woman whose teenagers "found" Shan's phone wanted to return it to him.
We went back to Shan's work and gratefully got back Shan's original current phone and asked about the missing case, which they "knew nothing about!" - insert some "virtuous" look (Shan found it at the side of the road on Thursday). Then, we were back to Verizon AGAIN to switch Shan's number back to his current phone and then have the old phone set up for Teagan and Talmage.
So what is the price of teenagers having nothing to do during spring break except to be where they shouldn't be, taking phones that don't belong to them, only to be caught by Mom later? About 6 hours and $10 (for a new case).
Hooray for mothers who make their kids give back phones that don't belong to them!
Rant over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Silly Teenagers to "find" a phone like that and need prompting to return it. I'd say you lucked our with a mother intervening! But Teagan and Talmage were the real recipients of the situation, since they got their part-time phone for all their OUTings that are in the OFFings! What amazing young men they are. And with wonderful parents who shape them that way!
Post a Comment